: Illegal string offset 'box_blank' in /home/smstexta/public_html/wp-content/plugins/SEO-Smart-Links-Business/seo-smart-links-business.php
on line 633
Messaging, Contact Import, and API Agreement and Certification
Thank you for your interest in the Service. The Service and its technology platform providers take consumer privacy and anti-SPAM obligations very seriously.
We allow importing of email addresses and screen names once you read this agreement and then certify that your list is fully opted in and were not exchanged, rented, purchased or otherwise acquired from a third party in any way.
When importing phone numbers for either SMS or voice message delivery, you will be required to prove the authenticity of the contact lists you intend to import. You must provide evidence that all contacts within the list have willingly opted-in to receive messages from you. In particular, if you are importing mobile numbers for voice message, you can only do so after obtaining permission to send mobile text messages as well as voice messages.
Customers must complete the following steps to qualify for phone number importing capabilities and to validate this certification:
- Provide links to online sign-up forms used to collect contacts.
- Provide images of the physical paper sign-up forms.
- All methods provided by the business must be checked and tested by the technical support department for validity.
- The signer of the contract must provide a government issued form of identification.
- The business must provide proof of business establishment.
In addition to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding voice broadcasts, you agree to the following regarding your use of Voice Broadcast:
- You may import these numbers for use in Voice Broadcast if:
- The subscriber has provided prior express written consent for telephone messages;
- You are a tax-exempt non-profit charitable organization or a for-profit telemarketer making calls on behalf of a tax-exempt non-profit charitable organization and will be making calls solely to members of the organization or previous donors
- Calls will be limited to the period between 8 A.M. and 9 P.M. local time;
- You will maintain a “Do Not Call List” and honor any request to not be called again;
- No calls will be placed to any emergency telephone line, the line of any guest or patient room at a hospital, health care facility, home for the elderly or similar;
- You will not tie up two or more lines of a multi-line business at the same time;
- In addition, automated text messages to mobile phones are not permitted under federal law without prior express permission. Having prior express permission for a voice message does not automatically give you a similar permission for text messages (SMS). As a result, your list will be scrubbed for mobile numbers and an opt-in text message reaffirming permission for both voice message and text message will be sent to the mobile phone numbers. The subscriber must reply OK to the opt-in text to reaffirm their permission. We will not send automated messages to the mobile numbers included in your import list unless permission has been granted.
In addition to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding SMS-based marketing campaigns, you agree to all guidelines set forth in the Mobile Marketing Association’s (MMA) Consumer Best Practices Guidelines, referenced above, including but not limited to the following terms:
- “Content providers must obtain opt-in approval from subscribers before sending them any SMS or MMS messages or other content from a short code.” (MMA ID: CCS-08)
- “Beyond violating the subscriber opt-in policy, sending messages to third-party lists is not an effective interactive mobile marketing tactic.” (MMA ID: CCS-14)
- “Selling mobile opt-in lists is prohibited.” (MMA ID: CCS-15)
- “For recurring standard rate programs, subscribers should indicate their willingness to participate in a program and receive messages from the program as follows: (MMA ID: CCS-100)
- Subscriber initiates opt-in to a recurring Standard Rate Program by responding to a call to action (CTA) (MMA ID: CCS-101)
- i.) Subscriber may send a Mobile Originated (MO) message from their handset to the short code.
- ii.) Subscriber may initiate opt-in from a web interface
- iii.) Subscriber may initiate opt-in from a WAP interface
- iv.) Subscriber may initiate opt-in from an IVR system
- v.) Subscriber may initiate opt-in from a paper-based consent form
- Program responds with pertinent phone, program, and contact information via a Web/WAP/IVR/handset/paper application-based form. (MMA ID: CCS-101)
- “This opt-in applies only to the specific program a subscriber is subscribed to and should not be used as a blanket approval to promote other programs, products, and services. However, after the subscriber has been given the complete details about the opt-in scope, the subscriber may opt-in to receive other messages. A content provider may, however, communicate with existing opted-in subscribers through non-premium messages that a) notify subscribers of updates to their existing service or b) are part of a retention program for that particular service. Directions to unsubscribe from these messages must be clearly available with the delivery of each message.” (MMA ID: CCS-103)
- “Program flow and information must not be misleading in any way.” (MMA ID: CCS-104)
- “Any online forms and promotion used to collect customer contact data must include:[OrganizationName]: You will receive [DescriptionOfAlerts]. Get up to [Frequency] messages per month. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel. Msg&Data Rates May Apply. Terms & Conditions available at [URL], email [Email], or call [PhoneNumber]
- All telephone numbers in the database will receive any message specifically and ONLY from the business or organization with your organization name and username and not any other.For example, if you own two restaurants, the contact list from restaurant A cannot be contacted by restaurant B. Furthermore, you are NOT allowed to import the list from restaurant A into a list that’s specifically for restaurant B. An individual telephone number must be used for one specific business, organization, or location.
In addition to the above provisions, you also agree to the following:
- In any case where the Service must suspend or cancel your account due to violation of this agreement, you will not be given any refunds whatsoever.
- If you know of or suspect any violators within the system, please notify the Service immediately.
- This document reflects the current online version and is subject to change. You agree to the terms set forth within this Agreement, and all updates that may occur.